The end of phase 1!
Its taken a lot longer than I wanted, but we're now at the end of phase 1!
Basically, Phase 1 was 'lash it up, see if it works'. And so we did, planting our first antenna on July 2nd. So here we are on September 8th and we now have:
- 10 Ubiquiti Nanostation M5's doing all the long haul stuff
- 6 Nanostation Locos' doing consumer and short range stuff
- A fully equipped, battery backed up Network Operations Center
- A cyber-stable with dual links and point of presence
- Three points of presence (using Ubiquiti Picostation M2's) in Marykirk which will allow us to provide roaming and ad-hoc internet access around the core of the village
- A routing hub in Craigo
- Centralised, secure ISP-grade routing
- Consumer Premises Equipment making secure calls across our backbone to our central router
- A shiny new backhaul provided by ZEN (and magnificently cocked up by BT Openzone)
Tomorrow, I'm talking to someone about a second 80mb/s backhaul, and starting working on the accounting server. So now I can say we've entered Phase 2- open for business.
So - if you live in or around Marykirk, Craigo or the back of the Johnston tower hill facing Montrose - fill out the contact form on this site and we may be able to help you.